YSA Youth Council
Members of the YSA Youth Council serve as youth leaders of the global youth service movement that YSA mobilizes and supports.
Youth Council Activities
- Work directly with one or more YSA staff members on projects of interest.
- Serve as a grant reviewer for YSA Grant programs.
- Provide feedback on YSA programs and resources as requested.
- Plan and implement a Global Youth Service Day or Semester of Service project.
- Serve as a representative of YSA as local spokesperson, speaker, trainer.
- Continue service and leadership role in own school, community, or organization, incorporating YSA's programs into the work of your partner organization.
- Provide input to YSA’s Board of Directors through 4 Youth Council members selected to serve as members of YSA’s Board of Directors.
- Engage youth leaders from YSA's partner network through the formation of a YSA Youth Voice Network.
- Develop strategy to raise funding for a Youth Council-run grant program; if funding secured, develop and manage grant program.
- Connect with your U.S. Representative, U.S. Senators, Mayor, and other elected officials.